Monday 3 December 2007

Get the tissues, ladies! I feel like I’m at a housewives’ coffee morning!

Yes, I'm in touch with my feminine side! Although this blog is gonna sound like I'm at group therapy or a teenage slumber party.

OK...

This blog:

-Will have the usual ranting and raving.
-No quiz!
-The opportunity to tell me your story (believe me, I want to know it's not just me)
-Ah, i'll see if I can throw a useful household hint in there too. Just for you.

Now, I don't want to get all "boo hooey" on your asses, but I need to establish that I have a right to be angry!

Ok, so this week, exactly one week after I was burgled, I found out that my ex-fiance is engaged to the guy she cheated on me with and left me for. Fair enough, but she only left me 7 months ago, and I found out from everyone else. So in light of this, I thought I'd just ramble to my e-friends and see what the reaction was.

For the record, I was a pretty devoted guy- too devoted actually. Too weak. I forgave her infidelity too many times, thinking that it would prove that I was serious and that I loved her. She was the queen of manipulation as well. We met up a few months ago, as she was obviously getting bored of her new victim, so she thought she'd stir stuff up in my life. And somehow, I ended up apologising again for ruining things for us.

Now, you may think, "Yeah, but we don't know if you did actually ruin it or not." Well, no, that's true, but I can put you in the picture just a little bit. I'd been with her for 4 years and never looked at anyone else. She was it for me. And she cheated on me with 9- count 'em, 9- other guys during that time. And she managed to keep it from me, until she confided in one of her friends who also happens to be my friend.

We split up for a couple of months, but got back together after she promised she'd never do anything like that again, and that, in fact, she knew what she wanted now, and she wanted to marry me. I said if she ever hurt me again, that was it. Finished. Although even if she had, I probably wouldn't have ended it. Love is blind, deaf, dumb and stupid, so it would seem. But nonetheless, 6 months from our wedding, she went on a "camping trip with her sister," which I now know was slightly more than a camping trip. Anyway, a week later, she came out with a load of venom, saying that I had changed and that I was arrogant coz I had started plugging my album to all sorts of people (albums cost money to make - can't keep 'em secret).

Well, I fell for it and carried all of the blame for several months and spiraled downwards. But the truth will out, my friends, and I now know all the things she did to me behind my back. I thought relationships were a sacrifice, and that you had to be half a person if you wanted it to work. I now realise that thats just what my relationship did to me. Turns out they're actually supposed to be pretty nice! I never knew that!

So I know I've just been rambling mindlessly, but what I really wanted to know is whether any of you have had a similar experience: a nasty break up; been betrayed; betrayed another; just so we can get some understanding of why we all work this way and why it has to be so complicated.

These things take a long time to get over (2 years according to professionals) so I think I'm pretty justified in being angry over the latest bit of news. Though, the positives if it are that I no longer have any fond memories. Only bitter ones. They've all been tainted.

Rest assured, I will be venting my rage via the gift of song. Look out for 1 or 2 pretty angry songs on the next album! Don't worry, there's plenty of chilled ones in the pipeline as well. But yeah, just message me back and let me know whether I'm justified in feeling hard done by. And if you feel the need to vent your rage or frustration or sadness, then this is the place. Just for this blog, though! Let's not make this an unhappy place! The MFGN train is on it's way to funtown! Yeah!

Mike

xxx
Handy Household Hint 71:
Algebra doesn't apply to stains. Two negatives do not make a positive. A tomato/tobasco/marinara sauce stain on your clothes will not be neutralised if you add more sauce...

2 comments:

amanda said...

Yep... women are evil. Evil! Does that make me evil? Yes.
I think it's easier to see what will/won't work in a 'relationship' if you don't tie yourselves down right away. Take my last romp... an unfaithful charlatan. I knew I couldn't trust him because I didn't commit to him right away.. if I had I think I would still be blinded by his amazing womanizing skills today. Bastard.
Btw- I like Haruhi, School Days, Red Garden, and Rev. Girl Utena to name a few.

isabel said...

oh man how much time do you have? lol ... i stayed in a "relationship" for three years waiting for him to realize how amazing i was, and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. Turns out he wasn't as much into me. as he was into my best friend. Literally into my best friend. That bitch! and that asshole!!!!! I hope they burn in hell together.

What did John Mayer say? we're just test driving what's out there until we find the one, and then we can be thankful that we didn't get stuck with the scraps.

They deserve each other. As far as your ex goes, i don't think i have to tell you but that poor bastard is in for a surprise. If she can't keep her legs crossed it's not going to last. Karma is a bitch, she'll get just what she deserves. Too fucking bad she didn't realize how lucky she was to have you.

Ok, my vent for the day is done.